Model Risk Manager - Risk Management & Analytics
WebBank (the “Bank”) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state-chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers, and financial technology companies.
The team at WebBank supports the lending platforms across the nation’s tech hubs driving innovation and financial inclusion. At WebBank, we are looking for a team member who wants to share their experience and insight in a company with a strong risk management culture. Working with a portfolio of more than fifteen lending platforms including VC-backed startups to Fortune 50 digital pioneers, every day is different. In this position, you will be a key team member to our business, by leveraging your experience to develop positive working relationships with leading FinTech companies to execute the Bank’s strategic initiatives.
This position will report to the VP, Risk Management & Analytics and provide assistance with the continuous development of sound model risk management practices in compliance with regulatory guidance on model risk management (e.g., SR 11-7) and the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement statistical or roll-rate based models used in internal loss forecasting and reserve calculations
- Assess model methodologies (including technical issues as they relate to econometric / statistical methods), documentation, validation reports, performance outputs, and processes, and work with various industry leading Fintech lending and retail Bank partners to ensure appropriate model oversight, review, and approval
- Assist with regulatory and audit requests related to MRM
- Perform model risk assessments, gap analyses, and identify trends to improve process/controls
- Track ongoing monitoring of models and model inventory (both internal and external) on a quarterly cadence
- Maintain Bank’s internal model inventory following Bank’s policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in any of the following fields: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Financial Engineering, Physics, Engineering, Data Sciences or Computer Science
- At least 4 years of experience in quantitative analysis relevant to model risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, and other quantitative disciplines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory expectations for model risk management, including SR 11-7 and other related regulations
- Data driven mindset, proactive engagement, and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent ability to analyze data and interpret credit performance metrics
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in any of the following fields: Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Financial Engineering, Physics, Engineering, Data Sciences or Computer Science
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques (e.g., XgBoost, GBM, Random Forest, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL