Lead Data Scientist
About Tafi and Daz 3D
Tafi is a leader in web3 strategy, development, and marketing. It has partnered with iconic brands such as Coca-Cola, Warner Brothers, DC, Estee Lauder, RTFKT (now Nike), Champion, Timex, Coinbase, Snap, and many others for NFTs collaborations and other creative work.
Daz 3D makes being an artist easier with free software and access to millions of 3D assets, many of which are high-resolution, interoperable, and exportable to other leading software programs and game engines. It is especially well-known for its dynamic 3D character solutions and its network of expert content creators.
Lead Data Scientist
Location: Vancouver, BC, or Salt Lake City, Utah
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: President
As a Lead Data Scientist, your role will include overseeing the entire Artificial Intelligent project and managing the team of data scientists. As a Lead Data Scientist, you will be responsible for leading the data science team, providing technical guidance and support, and developing and implementing data-driven solutions that drive business growth and enhance the user experience. You will work closely with other stakeholders, such as the product team, design team, and development team, to identify opportunities for data applications and develop solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
Your Impact as a Lead Data Scientist
- Strong knowledge of Python programming language
- Familiarity with various ML and NLP frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, NLTK, SpaCy, Gensim, etc.
- Proficiency in data wrangling, cleaning, and preprocessing techniques
- Experience in designing and implementing ML algorithms such as classification, clustering, regression, and neural networks
- Knowledge of deep learning architectures such as CNNs, RNNs, and transformers
- Understanding of statistical concepts such as hypothesis testing, probability distributions, and statistical inference
- Experience in working with large datasets and distributed computing systems
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git
You Bring to Daz 3D and Tafi:
- A Ph.D. or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in designing and implementing NLP solutions for various tasks such as text classification, sentiment analysis, entity recognition, and text summarization
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience in building and deploying ML models in production
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices such as agile development, code reviews, and testing
- Good communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Bonus Skills and Abilities
- Experience in 3D modeling
- Familiarity with Generative AI
What do Daz and Tafi Have to Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with most or all of the premiums paid by the company
- 401k matching plan
- Casual dress and winning attitudes - we care most about what you can do with us
- Unlimited paid vacation potential
- Paid monthly gym membership at VASA or reimbursement to a gym of your choice
- Rewarding work, you’re proud to be a part of.
- Ideal downtown location - tons of nearby options for walking to lunch
- Open loft-style office space in the historic Sweet Candy Building
- Monthly parking/transit allowance
- Full kitchen with all the caffeine and healthy(-ish) snacks you can consume
Do I need ALL Criteria to Apply To Daz 3D and Tafi?
No! We value artistic passion and curiosity. Studies have shown that women, people of color, and other underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every qualification. If you are drawn to this role and your past experiences do not align perfectly with the job description, but you think you have something we should be looking for, please apply, and let’s see where the conversation goes!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We strive to create and maintain an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to work in a safe environment. We celebrate and value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place to work ensures a vibrant and joyful place for creativity to be explored.