WebBank (the “Bank”) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state-chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and fintech companies.
The team at WebBank supports the lending platforms across the nation’s tech hubs driving innovation and financial inclusion. At WebBank, we are looking for a team member who wants to share their experience and insight in a company with a strong risk management culture. Working with a portfolio of more than twenty lending platforms from VC-backed startups to Fortune 50 digital pioneers, every day is different. In this position, you will be a key team member to our business, by leveraging your experience to develop positive working relationships with leading fintech companies to execute the Bank’s strategic initiatives.
This position will report to a Vice President of Compliance and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that assigned Strategic Partner Programs maintain compliance with federal and state lending regulations as well as all WebBank requirements. This position hinges on a relationship of trust, confidence and understanding with co-workers and counterparts along with the skills to plan, organize and execute on the Bank's day-to-day operational compliance activities and those of its Strategic Partner Programs.
- Be the primary contact for compliance related information and activities for assigned Strategic Partner Programs
- Guide your assigned Strategic Partner Program through building and/or maintaining a quality Compliance Management System that follows regulatory guidelines and Bank standards
- Execute the Bank’s 2nd line CMS for your assigned Strategic Partner Program (Risk Assessment, Monitoring & Testing, Issue Management, Complaints, etc.)
- Report to Executive Management and inform support teams of key developments related to regulatory compliance at assigned Strategic Partner Programs and identify the impact of those developments to the Bank
- Ensure that existing and proposed Bank and Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, marketing materials, customer correspondence, documents and disclosures comply with federal and state regulations
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer lending and privacy and ensure those changes are communicated to and addressed by Bank management and Strategic Partners
- Assist in addressing internal and external audit findings and help prepare responses as requested
- Assist in the refinement and execution of compliance monitoring programs to test the compliance controls and procedures of the Bank and assigned Strategic Partner Programs
- Perform site visit reviews of Strategic Partner Programs. Must be willing to travel at least quarterly for 2-3 days per visit.
- Bachelor's degree or 10 years of regulatory compliance experience
- Experience in a bank environment is required
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired
- Proficient Knowledge of federal and state lending laws
- Knowledge of AML/BSA guidelines and requirements
- Excellent ability to interpret legal and statutory materials as well as state and federal regulations
- Ability to interface effectively and build relationships with Strategic Partner counterparts and other departments internally
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment, take ownership of projects and successfully meet established project deadline requirements
- Master degree
- CRCM designation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills